- What information do we gather about you?
- What do we do with the information we gather about you?
- How do we store your information?
- How and with whom do we share the information that we gather?
- What is our email policy?
- How do I change or update my personal information or preferences and what if I want to cancel my account?
- Is my information protected?
- Compliance with legal process
- Children’s privacy
- How to contact us
1. What information do we gather about you?
Information you actively provide. We receive, store and process information that you make available to us when accessing or using the Services, such as when you:
- Complete forms or otherwise provide personal information within the Services, such as when you register or update the details of your account. During the Customer registration process, we may collect Customer information such as your name, location, telephone number, email address, credit card, bank account numbers, or other billing information, and your child’s name and t-shirt size, to be used for your personal parent profile (“Parent Profile”). Parent Profile information will not be shared with other Customers, and will only be shared with an Activity Provider if you book an activity with it (and in such case, only limited information will be made available). You also may choose to provide us with demographic information about you and/or your child, such as gender, age, education, race or ethnic origin, and other information relevant to Customer surveys and/or offers). During the Activity Provider registration process, we will collect Activity Provider information such as company name, activity and programming information, costs, location, contact information, company history, website, marketing materials, and other information;
- Use the Services to search for, book, or pay for activities, collect or redeem rewards points, and post comments or reviews;
- Link your account on a third party site (e.g. Facebook) to your Cubspot account, in which case we may obtain the information that you have provided to the third party site, to the extent allowed by your settings with the third party site and authorized by you; and
- Communicate directly with Cubspot, via email, twitter, live chat or other method.
We may collect non-personal information about the computer, mobile device or other device you use to access the Services, including but not limited to IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language and other transactional information.
When you use the Services on your phone, tablet, or other mobile device, we may collect data about your location, IP address and other information. If you do not want your mobile device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this.
LOG FILE INFORMATION
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you visit a web page. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage is downloaded to your browser or device. When you use the Services, our servers may automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, IP address, browser or device type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails, tweets, live chats or other communications sent to Cubspot. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Services.
We may log your IP address (the location of your computer or device on the Internet). We use IP addresses for system administration and troubleshooting purposes, to customize content for specific regions, and to track access and use of the Services.
COOKIES, LOCAL STORAGE AND OTHER SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
We use “cookies,” HTML5 local storage and other similar technologies. These technologies allow us to manage access to and use of the Services and help us understand how people use the Services.
We may also allow our business partners to use their cookies and other tracking technologies on our Services. As a result, when you access or use the Services, you will provide or make available certain information to us and to our business partners.
We do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal from your browser or mobile application, even if you change or disable the usage of cookies. We track your activities if you click on advertisements for Cubspot services on third party platforms such as search engines and social networks, and may use analytics to track what you do in response to those advertisements.
We may also continue to track your behavior within the Services for purposes of our own customer support, analytics, research, product development, fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, as well as to enable you to use and access the Services and pay for your activities within the Services, either directly or through third parties. We may also, track your behavior when using our Services to market and advertise to you within the Services and on third party websites, either directly or through third parties.
2. What do we do with the information we gather about you?
- Improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of the Services;
- Optimize User experience with the Services;
- Help create and maintain a trusted and safer environment within the Services, such as fraud detection and prevention, conducting investigations and risk assessments, verifying the information in listings, verifying any identifications provided by you, and conducting checks against databases such as public government databases;
- Send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- Send you promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent on behalf of our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- Send you marketing messages. You will be able to unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving these communications in your account settings when you login to your Cubspot account;
- Develop and test new products and features;
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- Administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Cubspot, our Customers, or our business partners;
- Diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Automatically update the Services on your device(s); and
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our Customers, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
We may also review, scan, or analyze communications between Users exchanged within the Services for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, we may scan and analyze messages to mask contact information and references to other websites. This helps to prevent fraudulent actors from asking Users to send them money outside of the Services, such as by bank transfer or other money transfer methods. We may also scan, review or analyze messages for research and product development purposes to help make search, booking and User communications more efficient and effective, as well as to debug product offerings.
We will not review, scan, or analyze your communications for sending third party marketing messages to you. We will also not sell these reviews or analyses of communications to third parties. We will also use automated methods to carry out these reviews or analyses where reasonably possible. However, from time to time we may have to manually review some communications. By using the Services, you consent that Cubspot in its sole discretion, may review, scan, analyze, and store your communications, whether done manually or through automated means.
3. How do we store your information?
4. How and with whom do we share the information we gather?
Your personal information may be disclosed to the following groups, as described below:
- If you are an Activity Provider, your profile will be public, and will include information such as your name, location, your public profile photo, any videos or enhanced media options you choose to upload or link to on third party services, and reviews of your services. Parts of your public page may be displayed in other parts of the Services to other Users for marketing purposes. If you are a Customer looking to find an Activity Provider, your Parent Profile will include your name, activity preferences, and other information you choose to make available. A Customer’s Parent Profile will not be visible until after you have booked an Activity Provider, at which time it will be visible to such Activity Provider.
- When a Customer books an Activity Provider, some information in the Customer’s Parent Profile will become visible to the Provider. In addition, once a Customer books with an Activity Provider, the Customer and Activity Provider can communicate via the Cubspot messaging feature. Cubspot will not share any more information about a Customer’s child with the Activity Provider than is necessary to confirm a booking. A Customer’s billing information will never be shared with an Activity Provider or other Users, but will be processed through a third party payment processor.
- When a Customer signs up for and engages an Activity Provider for services, we will ask the Customer to review the Activity Provider and/or the services provided by the Activity Provider, and we may ask the Activity Provider to review the Customer. Reviews from Customers and Activity Providers may be public within the Services.
As described above, business partners or other third parties may have access to the information you provide or we otherwise gather about you, as described below.
- When a Customer books an Activity Provider through the Services, Cubspot may share information from the Customer’s account or Parent Profile with the Activity Provider that is necessary to facilitate the booking.
- Payments will be required under the Services for Customer membership fees and for Activity Provider bookings. Customer payment and billing information may be provided to secure third parties for payment processing.
- We may distribute information that Users have made public on the Services, such as Activity Provider activity listings, for display on sites operated by Cubspot’s business partners.
- We may also engage third parties, and provide them access to User information, to provide services to us such as identity verification checks.
CHANGE OF CONTROL
In the future, Cubspot may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses. In such transactions, we may include your information among the transferred assets.
6. What is your communications policy?
If you contact us via email, Twitter, live chat, or other communications, you should be aware that information disclosed in such communications may not be secure or encrypted and thus may be available to others. We suggest that you exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal or confidential information in emails. We may respond directly to your questions or comments to the source from which you contacted us, and may retain your communications addresses for commercial purposes.
7. How do I change or update my personal information or preferences and what if I want to cancel my account?
Users are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information on their accounts and profiles. If your personal information or preferences change, or if you no longer desire to use the Services or to have an account, you may correct or delete inaccuracies or amend information by making the change in your profile page, or by contacting us through firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable.
If, at any time, you prefer not to receive any general email communications from us, you can follow the unsubscribe options at the bottom of each email, or update your communication preferences in your account or profile.
If you would like to cancel your Cubspot account entirely, you can do so by logging in to your account and clicking the “Delete my Account” link in the profile area or by contacting us through email@example.com. Please note that cancelling your account may not remove all publicly available information associated with your account. We may retain your personal and usage information, including any reviews, public postings and similar materials posted by you or other Users you interacted with, as needed to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, conclude any activities related to cancellation of an account (such as addressing chargebacks from your credit card companies), investigate or prevent fraud and other inappropriate activity, to enforce our agreements, and for other business reasons, even after your Cubspot account is cancelled.
8. Is my information protected?
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place commercially reasonable physical, technical and administrative controls to protect the information. Please note that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
9. Compliance with legal process
We may disclose personal information you have provided us if we are required to do so by law or we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process; (2) protect and defend our rights and property; (3) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Services; or (4) protect the personal safety or property of our Customers or the public (among other things, this means that if you provide false information or attempt to pose as someone else, information about you may be disclosed as part of any investigation into your actions).
10. Children’s privacy
This is a general audience website. Cubspot does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13. The Services are not directed at children under the age of thirteen, and we will only knowingly collect information about children under the age of thirteen from their parent(s). In addition, access to or use of the Services by anyone under 18 requires parental consent. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, or anyone under the age of 18 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible, and/or will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Changes to this policy
12. How to contact us